Special Dossier: Shifting Boundaries in Marriage and Divorce in Muslim Communities
The materials included in this Special Dossier are largely derived from data generated through the WLUML Women and Law programme and its country project components.
- Editorial Note: Marriage and Divorce in Muslim Communities: Surveying the Shifting Legal and Social Boundaries of Women's Autonomy
- Personal Status Laws as Defined by the Islamic Republic of Iran: An Appraisal, Mehranguiz Kar and Homa Hoodfar
- Women's Legal Status in Turkey, Canan Arin
- Obstacles to Divorce for Muslim Women in Egypt, Amina Chemais
- Finding Common Ground: Islamic Values and Gender Equity in Reformed Personal Status Law in Tunisia, Patricia Kelly
- Marriage Contracts and Women's Rights in Saudi Arabia, Lisa Wynn
- Circumventing Legal Limitation: Mahr and Marriage Negotiation in Egyptian Low-Income Communities, Homa Hoodfar
- Family and Law in Senegal: Continuity and Change, Fatou Sow
- Right of Women within the Family: An Overview of the Sri Lankan Experience, Kamalini Wijayatilake
- Marriage and the Politics of Social Change in India's Muslim Communities, Women's Research and Action Group
Please send WLUML an email if you would like any more information and/or a scan of any chapters of this publication.
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws