Riffat Hassan: Selected Articles
Interview and articles from Riffat Hassan, the progressive theologian and academic specialized in Islamic sciences. Riffat Hassan defends a more humane, democratic and feminist interpretation of Islam in general and of the Quran and other sacred texts in particular (in French).
Feminist theology and women in the Muslim world: an interview of Riffat Hassan by Betty Milstead; What does it mean to be a Muslim nowadays? Equal before Allah? Equality between men and women in the Islamic tradition; Women's roles and responsibilities in the legal and ritual tradition of Islam ("Sharia"); Women in Islam (al-Quran and al-Hadith).
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Forced Gynecological Exams As Sexual Harassment and Human Rights Violation
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- UPR Stakeholder report for Somalia
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Shirkat Gah Newsheet March 2015