Riffat Hassan: Selected Articles
Interview and articles from Riffat Hassan, the progressive theologian and academic specialized in Islamic sciences. Riffat Hassan defends a more humane, democratic and feminist interpretation of Islam in general and of the Quran and other sacred texts in particular (in French).
Feminist theology and women in the Muslim world: an interview of Riffat Hassan by Betty Milstead; What does it mean to be a Muslim nowadays? Equal before Allah? Equality between men and women in the Islamic tradition; Women's roles and responsibilities in the legal and ritual tradition of Islam ("Sharia"); Women in Islam (al-Quran and al-Hadith).
- UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture'
- Rollback of Women's Rights: Not Just in Afghanistan
- France and Islamic feminism: intersectionality in the Republic
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- No Democracy without Women's Equality: Middle East and North Africa
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts