Women’s Reproductive Rights in Muslim Communities and Countries: Issues and Resources
number of pages:98
Research and writing about women and Muslim communities, the role & attitude of the state towards religious authority, the contemporary status of Islamist social movements and so on.
- WLUML statement on reproductive rights
- Reproductive Choice in Islam: Gender and State in Iran and Tunisia, Carla Obermeyer
- State Policy and Gender Equality in Post-Revolutionary Iran, Homa Hoodfar and Azita Roshan
- State versus Islam: Malay families, women's bodies, and the body politic in Malaysia, Aihwa Ong; Women and population Questions: From Rio to Cairo and beyond: Reflections of a reproductive rights activist, Loes Keysers
- Risk, Reproduction and Rights:The Uses of Reproductive Health Data, Deborah Maine, Lynn Freedman, Farida Shaheed and Schuyler Frautschi
- Is FGM a Religious Practice?, Nahid Toubia
- Somalia: Against the Pleasure Principal (A short story), Saida Herzi
- The Fate of Nurjahans and the Constitution of Bangladesh, Sultana Kamal & ASK
- Testimonies of Egyptian Women, Marie Assad
- Poems; A Bibliography on Reproductive Rights
- Journals, Newsletters, Books and Documents
- Alert for Urgent Actions and News; Useful Address of International Campaigns, Networks, National and Local Initiatives
- In the Flesh: Female Sex Work & HIV in the Middle East & North Africa
- Sri Lanka: Coercive Population Control in Kilinochchi
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Indonesia: Female students may be forced to undergo 'virginity tests'
- Kenya: Rita, "I feel cheated of my right to decide whether to give birth or not".
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- United Kingdom: Take Action in Support of Gita Sahgal
- Europe: Action for Women Human Rights Defenders
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- How to follow up on UN Human Rights Recommendations: A practical guide for civil society
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Libya Status of Women Report 2013
- Pathways to, conditions and consequences of incarceration for women