Iraq: An interview with Iraqi feminist Yanar Mohammed
In 2003, Mohammed founded the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq (OWFI), which shelters Iraqi women targeted in 'honor' killings and sectarian violence and speaks out for women’s legal rights and secular law in opposition to Iraq’s growing Islamism.
Submitted on Wed, 05/09/2007 - 00:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence