Iraq: An interview with Iraqi feminist Yanar Mohammed
In 2003, Mohammed founded the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq (OWFI), which shelters Iraqi women targeted in 'honor' killings and sectarian violence and speaks out for women’s legal rights and secular law in opposition to Iraq’s growing Islamism.
Submitted on Wed, 05/09/2007 - 00:00
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!