International: The 'Women Won't Wait' campaign urges the G8 to end HIV and violence against women now.
The fight against one epidemic - HIV/AIDS - cannot be won without tackling another epidemic - gender-based violence.
Women Won’t Wait is an international coalition of organizations and networks from the global South and North committed to, and working for many years to promote, women’s health and human rights in the struggle to comprehensively address HIV and AIDS and end all forms of violence against women and girls.
Submitted on Tue, 05/22/2007 - 23:00
- Making Law and Justice Work for Women
- It is too simple to reduce religious motives to mere pretexts for violence – New report
- The triple whammy: towards the eclipse of women’s rights
- Niger: 'Wahaya': Young girls sold into slavery
- Egypt’s first female genital mutilation trial ends in not guilty verdict
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion