International: The 'Women Won't Wait' campaign urges the G8 to end HIV and violence against women now.
The fight against one epidemic - HIV/AIDS - cannot be won without tackling another epidemic - gender-based violence.
Women Won’t Wait is an international coalition of organizations and networks from the global South and North committed to, and working for many years to promote, women’s health and human rights in the struggle to comprehensively address HIV and AIDS and end all forms of violence against women and girls.
Submitted on Tue, 05/22/2007 - 23:00
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Honoring Feminist and Women Human Right Defenders Who are No Longer with Us
- In the Flesh: Female Sex Work & HIV in the Middle East & North Africa
- The Discourse of Terror: Interview with Judith Butler
- New Tools And Approaches To End Violence Against Women and Children
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change