International: The 'Women Won't Wait' campaign urges the G8 to end HIV and violence against women now.
The fight against one epidemic - HIV/AIDS - cannot be won without tackling another epidemic - gender-based violence.
Women Won’t Wait is an international coalition of organizations and networks from the global South and North committed to, and working for many years to promote, women’s health and human rights in the struggle to comprehensively address HIV and AIDS and end all forms of violence against women and girls.
Submitted on Wed, 05/23/2007 - 00:00
- Syria & Bosnia Women Confer on Importance of Women-Driven Peace
- “I regret killing my husband” – Kano child-bride speaks
- CPD47 Statement: It’s Unacceptable for Youth SRHR to be Deemed “too Controversial”
- Girls 'Treated as Cattle': Child Brides Divide Pakistan
- EGYPT - LAUNCH OF FIRST PROSECUTION FOR FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION AFTER GIRL DIES
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- Reclaiming and Redefining Rights: ICPD+20: Status of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Middle East and North Africa
- Substantive Equality and Reproductive Rights: A Briefing Paper on Aligning Development Goals with Human Rights Obligations
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children