number of pages:262
Languages available:English, French
The Dossiers explore and synthesize a broad range of feelings, interpretations and strategies of women on issues of feminism, nationalism, internationalism, and religion.
- Women & Law in the Muslim World: On Laws, Customs and Stereotyping by Farida Shaheed.
- The Preferential Symbol for Islamic Identity: Women in Muslim Personal Laws by M.A. Hélie-Lucas.
- Fundamentalism: Women and Fundamentalism by Ayesha Imam.
- Algeria: Newsletter of the Algerian Women's Movement Independent Association for the Triumph of the Rights of Women.
- Palestine: Lives of Palestinian Women: Al-Fanar, Palestinian Feminist Organisation.
- On Fundamentalism in Our Land by Manar Hassan.
- Sudan: Threat to Women's Status from Fundamentalist Regime in Sudan.
- Sexist Matriculation Policy in Sudan.
- Challenges Faced by Sudanese Women by Amel H. Hamza.
- Iran: Women's Religious Discourse in Everyday Iran by Zahra Kamalkhani.
- Enforcing the Veil in Iran.
- Why Fundamentalism? Iranian Women and their Support for Islam by Haleh Afshar.
- On the Origins of Feminism in Early 20th Century Iran by Janet Afary.
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh building collapse kills scores
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- International: Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Slavery Marks International Day for Abolition of Slavery.
- International: The Malala Effect Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November).
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW
- First Annual Report of the Independent Expert in the field of Cultural Rights