Serbia: Join 'Women in Black - Belgrade' mark the 40th anniversary of the Six Days War
The presence of Israel in the Occupied Territories is an obstacle to creating a just and lasting peace. The violence of the Israeli military in these territories stokes the responses by Palestinian armed groups. Their mutual accusations and attacks deepen the spiral of violence and increase the obstacles to peace and stability in the Middle East.
Violence in the region continues and is supplied by ‘The War on Terror,’ which is led by the US and is formulated as a long, preventative global war which justifies revoking civil rights, supporting repressive regimes, and attacks on refugees. The most recent example is the Lebanese Army attack on the Nahr al Barad Palestinian Refugee Camp. Throughout the world, actions against the occupation will take place from June 5 to 11 and the global day of action against the occupation is June 9.
We invite you to join us on June 7, 2007 at 4:30 at The Square of the Republic in Belgrade, in black and in silence, to express our solidarity with all of our friends who, on this day, in their cities throughout the world demand the end of the Israeli occupation."
Women in Black
Belgrade, June 6, 2007
- Libya: Civil rights activist murdered in Tripoli
- Saudi Arabia: ‘Dear King Salman, why I’m terrified about our Saudi future,’ by a loyal subject
- Egypt: update 18 dead, 52 injured on January 25 anniversary
- Iraq: Sexualized violence: how to understand and fight it
- Syria's female refugees facing poverty, harassment and isolation
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- Serbia: The harassment of Women in Black Belgrade continues
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Turkey: Demand the release of members of the Peace Caravan
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 25: The Role of the International Community in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001