Kuwait: Kuwait bars women from working night jobs
Kuwait is a conservative Muslim emirate where alcohol is banned, but it does not have a strict dress code for women such as that enforced in neighbouring Saudi Arabia.
Kuwaiti women took part in parliamentary elections for the first time in June 2006, one year after they were granted full political rights following a struggle lasting four decades.
11 June 2007
- WE MUST PRESSURE IRAN TO RELEASE CANADIAN ACADEMIC HOMA HOODFAR
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison