Kuwait: Kuwait bars women from working night jobs
Kuwait is a conservative Muslim emirate where alcohol is banned, but it does not have a strict dress code for women such as that enforced in neighbouring Saudi Arabia.
Kuwaiti women took part in parliamentary elections for the first time in June 2006, one year after they were granted full political rights following a struggle lasting four decades.
11 June 2007
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt