UK: Memorial service for Banaz Mahmod Babakir Agha, victim of a so-called "honour" killing
Organised by the Combating "Honour" Based Violence Forum on:
Tuesday 26th June 2007
Time: 1 – 4 pm
At 1.00 pm: The remembrance service will start with a meeting to share our memories, thoughts and experiences about Banaz and other victims of the so-called Honour Killing.
Venue: Morden Assembly Hall, Turdo Drive, Morden, Surrey, SM4 4PJ
At 2.30 pm: Participants will head to Banaz's grave to pay their respects at:
Merton and Sutton Cemetery (Grave number: MJ351), Garth Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 4NW
(Please note that the two venues are about 10 minutes walk from each other, they have the same travel direction as follows):
Take the Northern Line down to Morden tube station; from Morden Station walk to London Road / stop: F
Take the Route Bus 163 towards Wimbledon Station / Worple Rd
or Route Bus 293 towards Epsom General Hospital
Get off the bus at Lower Morden / the Beverley
You will find Morden Assembly hall on the Beverley
The journey will take about 1 hour 10 minutes from Central London stations, please allow enough time to be there for 1.00 pm
For more information please contact the forum's facilitator, Gona Saed at:
32– 36 a Rye Lane—Peckham – London SE 15 5BS
Tel & Fax: 020 7639 1033
Middle East Centre for Women's Rights (MECWR)
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!