UAE: Ministerial panel moves toward allowing women in the judiciary
The committee agreed to amend the federal law on judicial authority in order to remove gender specification, which specified ‘males only’ for such positions. The committee has approved another law proposal regarding firearms, ammunitions and explosives. Both proposals have been sent to the Cabinet for necessary action.
Also present at the meeting were Minister of Economy Shaikha Lubna Al Qasimi, Minister of Governmental Sector Development Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri and Dr Ali Al Hosani, acting undersecretary in the Ministry of Justice.
16 June, 2007
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa