China: "Fashion Among Chinese Muslims", by Maris Gillette (ISIM Review #15, Spring 2005)
"Imitating the costume, architecture, and eating practices of Arab Muslims has become an important way for local Hui to show their authenticity as Muslims."
Submitted on Thu, 07/19/2007 - 23:00
- Indonesia lawmakers drop plan for schoolgirl virginity tests after uproar
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Kyrgyz Mufti Issues Fatwa Against Gays, Challenges HRW
- China: setting the new standard for women in top jobs?
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Aceh: Civil society groups advocate for repeal of Qanun Jinayah (Islamic Criminal Legal Code)
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Safra Project Report of Initial Findings