Talaq-l-Tawfid: The Muslim Woman’s Contractual Access to Divorce
|PDF Document||1.52 MB|
This book analyses legal campaigns and cases in a number of Asian, Middle Eastern and North African countries, and describes a strategy for challenging these laws – delegation to the wife of the right to pronounce divorce on the behalf of her husband on their marriage – to equalise the right to divorce.
Under discriminatory personal and family laws in many Muslim countries, women are denied the right to divorce and are subject to repudiation, unilateral extra-judicial divorce, legal insecurity and lack of control over their marriage situation.
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt