Thailand: New law criminalizes marital rape
Gender and gay rights activists admit that although the new law is a significant first step, it will take many more changes -- both social and political -- before rape victims will be able to speak out freely. The fear of being rejected by the justice system and society is still very real, as is the fear of suffering further violence at the hands of aggressors determined to keep victims silent.
25 June 2007
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'