India: Film screening: "City Walls - My Own Private Tehran"
Venue: Seminar Room, Ramjas College, Delhi University, New Delhi
During her trip to her hometown Tehran, the filmmaker, who currently lives in Switzerland, confronts herself with the history of her own family. She is visiting her grandparents and lets them talk about their lives. In conversations with her grandmother, her mother, her sisters and aunts the director documents her own emancipation and that of her female relatives.
In a very private, sensitive and exemplary way "City Walls-My own Private Tehran" portraits remarkable mothers and women who, with every generation, gradually managed to free themselves from the chains of the oppressive patriarchal order. It shows us how women continue fighting for their right to progress.
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
- India: Stand in solidarity with the women of Gujarat on 8th March
- India: Harassment of women engaged in prostitution in Karnataka