India: Publication: "Woman in Qur'an"
Qur’an is the first revealed scripture, which gave equal honour and dignity to women in every respect. However, patriarchal Muslim society never acceded equal dignity to women. Today Muslim women are demanding equality and there is need for such literature to rightly explain Qur’anic position to Muslim women. This primer, it is hoped, will fulfill this much needed objective."
1. On understating Qur’an
2. Pre-Islamic Period
3. Concept of Marriage in Islam
5. Mahr & Maintenance
8. Women Scholar of Hadiths
9. Advice for Muslim Women
The Circulation Manager
Institute of Islamic Studies
602 & 603, Silver Star, Behind BEST bus Depot,
Santacruz (E), Mumbai: - 400 055.
Price: Rs. 40/- (posting charge extra) / US$ 10
- Death of renowned Islamic scholar, Asghar Ali Engineer.
- Death of Justice Verma, the judge who helped toughen up Rape Laws in India
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws