India: Publication: "Woman in Qur'an"
Qur’an is the first revealed scripture, which gave equal honour and dignity to women in every respect. However, patriarchal Muslim society never acceded equal dignity to women. Today Muslim women are demanding equality and there is need for such literature to rightly explain Qur’anic position to Muslim women. This primer, it is hoped, will fulfill this much needed objective."
1. On understating Qur’an
2. Pre-Islamic Period
3. Concept of Marriage in Islam
5. Mahr & Maintenance
8. Women Scholar of Hadiths
9. Advice for Muslim Women
The Circulation Manager
Institute of Islamic Studies
602 & 603, Silver Star, Behind BEST bus Depot,
Santacruz (E), Mumbai: - 400 055.
Price: Rs. 40/- (posting charge extra) / US$ 10
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Position Statement on Apostasy and Blasphemy
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms