Iran: Another woman sentenced to be stoned to death for adultery
Source:Meydaan / Quds
A woman who committed adultery, having a husband and three children was sentenced to death in an Iranian court in Mashhad, Iran.
According to our source from the area, following a complaint filed by a woman alleging blackmail and intimidation, a court in Mashhad opened a file to investigate her complaint and the accused was arrested soon after.
The case was then referred to the 5th circuit criminal court of Khorasan province. The defendant provided pictures and pornographic video tapes claiming that the plaintiff has engaged in sexual acts with him willingly and without any coercion. After several hearings, judges of the fifth circuit condemned the female plaintiff to death by stoning on charges of adultery and the man to 100 lashes.
To view the original news report in Farsi on the Quds Daily website, please click here: http://www.qudsdaily.com/archive/1386/html/7/1386-07-05/page58.html#11
Submitted on Fri, 10/05/2007 - 00:00
- Afghan clerics uneasy as civil rights movement gains momentum
- Aceh Prepares to Enforce Broader Sharia Criminal Code, With Stiffer Penalties
- Karima Bennoune Featured in TEDxExeter 2015 – Taking the Long View
- 'There's no life without music': the Malian musicians fighting Islamists with songs – video
- Interview: These Yezidi Girls Escaped ISIS. Now what?
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran