Iran: Another woman sentenced to be stoned to death for adultery
Source:Meydaan / Quds
A woman who committed adultery, having a husband and three children was sentenced to death in an Iranian court in Mashhad, Iran.
According to our source from the area, following a complaint filed by a woman alleging blackmail and intimidation, a court in Mashhad opened a file to investigate her complaint and the accused was arrested soon after.
The case was then referred to the 5th circuit criminal court of Khorasan province. The defendant provided pictures and pornographic video tapes claiming that the plaintiff has engaged in sexual acts with him willingly and without any coercion. After several hearings, judges of the fifth circuit condemned the female plaintiff to death by stoning on charges of adultery and the man to 100 lashes.
To view the original news report in Farsi on the Quds Daily website, please click here: http://www.qudsdaily.com/archive/1386/html/7/1386-07-05/page58.html#11
Submitted on Fri, 10/05/2007 - 00:00
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Update: Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli held in Solitary Confinement in Evin Prison
- Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli detained as a new wave of arrests is carried out in Iran
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UPDATE: Iran: Maryam Bahreman Still Held Despite Order for Release