Nepal: Badi Women Human Rights Defenders Attacked and Detained
The Badis are a small Dalit community, considered a minority group and are the most disadvantaged ethnic groups in Nepal. The women earn most of their families' income through sex work. During a peaceful protest on 27-Aug-07 they were beaten by police.
Submitted on Tue, 10/09/2007 - 00:00
- Algeria: voices for democratic transition cannot be silenced
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars