Nepal: Badi Women Human Rights Defenders Attacked and Detained
The Badis are a small Dalit community, considered a minority group and are the most disadvantaged ethnic groups in Nepal. The women earn most of their families' income through sex work. During a peaceful protest on 27-Aug-07 they were beaten by police.
Submitted on Tue, 10/09/2007 - 00:00
- URGENT APPEAL ON BEHALF OF EGYPTIAN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt