Iraq: Updated version of "The status of women in Iraq: an assessment of Iraq’s de jure and de facto compliance with international legal standards"
Source:American Bar Association - Iraq Legal Development Project
The Assessment covers: political participation, civil society and women in decision making; violence against women and the right to personal security; labor & economic rights; family & marriage; nationality; health; education. [updated Dec. 2006]
Submitted on Thu, 10/18/2007 - 00:00
- Iraq: Women Suffer Under ISIS: For Sunnis, Lives Curtailed; for Yezidis, New Accounts of Brutal Rapes
- Blood money marriage makes comeback in Iraq
- Interview: These Yezidi Girls Escaped ISIS. Now what?
- Iraq: Sexualized violence: how to understand and fight it
- Womens Voices Must Stay Alive in ISIS-Controlled Regions
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- UPDATE: Iraq: Campaign to affirm Personal Status Law and remove Article 41 from the constitution
- UPDATE: Iraq: Protect Iraqi women's rights in the new Iraq Constitution
- Iraq: Protect Iraqi women's rights in the new Iraq Constitution