Iraq: Updated version of "The status of women in Iraq: an assessment of Iraq’s de jure and de facto compliance with international legal standards"
Source:American Bar Association - Iraq Legal Development Project
The Assessment covers: political participation, civil society and women in decision making; violence against women and the right to personal security; labor & economic rights; family & marriage; nationality; health; education. [updated Dec. 2006]
Submitted on Thu, 10/18/2007 - 00:00
- IRAQ: Decade of Occupation for Iraqi Women
- Day 16/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Women Rights and War.
- Day 12/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Women of the Iraqi Majlis al-Nuwab and Violence Against Women in Iraq
- Day 7/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: My Name is Rana...
- Kurdish Women Call For Nationwide Campaign Against Honor Killing
- UPDATE: Iraq: Campaign to affirm Personal Status Law and remove Article 41 from the constitution
- UPDATE: Iraq: Protect Iraqi women's rights in the new Iraq Constitution
- Iraq: Protect Iraqi women's rights in the new Iraq Constitution
- UPDATE - Iraq: Giuliana Sgrena has been released
- Iraq: Urgent call for solidarity for kidnapped feminist journalist Guiliana Sgrena