Sierra Leone: New Publication: "Addressing Gender-Based Violence in Sierra Leone: Mapping Challenges, Responses and Future Entry Points"
Addressing gender-based violence, which has affected many thousands of women and children in Sierra Leone, is a critical element of building peace. This briefing paper explores the issue and identifies strategies to enhance prevention and response to VAW.
Submitted on Sun, 10/21/2007 - 00:00
- A Bad Year for Yara Sallam in Egypt's Republic of Fear
- Surge in sexual abuse by Egypt authorities, report says
- Libya: Civil rights activist murdered in Tripoli
- Saudi Arabia: ‘Dear King Salman, why I’m terrified about our Saudi future,’ by a loyal subject
- Egypt: update 18 dead, 52 injured on January 25 anniversary
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed: demand justice
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Demand action after incident of sexual violence at the Islamic Learning Department of Karachi University
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Women Building Peace
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 25: The Role of the International Community in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001