Tunisia: Interview with Tunisian reformist Lafif Lakhdar on Islam, transnationalism and women's human rights
Source:MEMRI / Elaph
"European Muslims Should Adopt Universal Values; There is Only One Civilization; The Koranic Verse on Wife-Beating Should Be Abrogated; Domestic violence and FGM are Violations of Human Rights."
Submitted on Sat, 10/27/2007 - 23:00
- Poll misrepresents women's rights in Tunisia
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria: Sharia's Rise in Nigeria Incited Stoning Sentences
- Tunisia: Activists Must Reclaim a Co-Opted Movement
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues