Shah Bano & the Muslim Women Act a Decade On
|PDF Document||546.02 KB|
Subtitled 'The Right of the Divorced Muslim Women to Mataa', this is the case of an Indian Sunni woman who filled a petition in the Supreme Court arguing that the Muslim minority law applied to her in her divorce denied her rights otherwise guaranteed by the Constitution of India to all citizens.
- Jordan detains journalist Rula Amin without charges over custody battle
- Lebanon debates introducing civil marriage
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- JOGINI/DEVADASI TEMPLE "SLAVE" GIRLS & WOMEN - LOWER CASTE - SEXUAL EXPLOITATION - ILLEGAL BUT NOT ENFORCED
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya