Shah Bano & the Muslim Women Act a Decade On
|PDF Document||546.02 KB|
Subtitled 'The Right of the Divorced Muslim Women to Mataa', this is the case of an Indian Sunni woman who filled a petition in the Supreme Court arguing that the Muslim minority law applied to her in her divorce denied her rights otherwise guaranteed by the Constitution of India to all citizens.
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- Women's Organisations in the West Asia Region: A Needs Assessment
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- WLUML Annual Report 2013