International: Publication: "SexPolitics - Reports from the Front Lines"
Source:Sexuality Policy Watch
SexPolitics - Reports from the Front Lines is the outcome of a project launched by Sexuality Policy Watch (SPW) in 2004: a transnational, cross-cultural research initiative that hoped to capture some dynamics of sexual politics in our time.
Research was performed in eight countries - Brazil, Egypt, India, Peru, Poland, South Africa, Turkey, and Vietnam - and in relation to two global institution, the United Nations and the World Bank.
The case studies reflect great differences in theme and emphasis, some focusing more on HIV/AIDS, some on reproductive health, some on issues of gender and sexual identity. Yet common threads have clearly emerged from the research outcomes. Firstly, local and the global sexual politics dynamics are always intertwined. Secondly sexual politics are always on some level about power and, everywhere, attempts to destabilize traditional gender and sexual relations will threaten established political, religious and familial hierarchies. Last but not least the cases reveal that both research and political activism is needed to furthering an agenda of change that brings together social justice and erotic justice.
Download the publication here: http://www.sxpolitics.org/frontlines/home/index.php
Submitted on Thu, 11/22/2007 - 00:00
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Honoring Feminist and Women Human Right Defenders Who are No Longer with Us
- The Discourse of Terror: Interview with Judith Butler
- New Tools And Approaches To End Violence Against Women and Children
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change