The purpose of these events is to increase awareness of the impact of violence against women, to celebrate a woman's strength to survive and to provide another avenue for her to courageously break the silence that often surrounds her experience. For the first time in Lebanon, Kafa will be introducing The Clothesline Project, which is a visual display of shirts with graphic messages and illustrations that have been designed by women survivors of violence or by someone who loves a woman who has been killed. The shirts are then hung on a clothesline to be viewed by others in the form of a mobile exhibition as testimony to the problem of violence against women.
KAFA will also continue with the Silent Witness Exhibition, which is a series of silhouettes representing women who have been killed in acts of family or domestic violence, each of whose story is recorded on her silhouette.
These exhibits will be accompanied by debates and discussion sessions focusing on the legal dimensions of violence against women, and calling on the government to assume its responsibility in protecting women suffering from violence within the family. The 16 Days campaign 2007 will therefore act as a precursor to the launching of a long-term campaign to push for the legislation of protection of women from family violence.
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content