Afghanistan: Afghan women's rights activist receives 2007 International Service award
Najia has been campaigning for Afghan women's rights for many years. She worked to empower women throughout civil war and the Taliban regime and continues to do so today, despite the fact that her activities have provoked threats and attacks from fundamentalists.
Najia has made a real difference to Afghan women's lives - one of her most memorable achievements is successfully leading a campaign against the reintroduction of a Ministry of Vice and Virtue which, in 2006, seemed certain.
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence