Pakistan: HRCP Press Statement
HRCP salutes the courage of Benazir Bhutto who, in spite of threats to her life, continued to address public rallies and be close to the people. She demonstrated in life and in death her commitment to the revival of a democratic process in Pakistan."
Issued on behalf of the HRCP Council (governing body).
Asma Jahangir, Chairperson,
Iqbal Haider, HRCP Secretary General
Zohra Yusuf, HRCP Vice Chairperson, Sindh
Mr. I. A. Rehman - Director, Mr. Shahid Kardar -
Treasurer, Mr. Zahoor Ahmed Shahwani (Advocate) -
Vice-Chairperson Balochistan, Mr. Kamran Arif -
Vice-Chairperson NWFP, Ms. Hina Jilani -
Vice-Chairperson Punjab, and HRCP Council Members: Mrs. Surriya Amirrudin, Ms. Rahila Durrani, Mr. Tahir Husain Khan, Mr. Malik Adeel Mengal, Mr. Habib Tahir, Mr. Afrasiab Khattak, Advocate, Ms. Musarrat Hilali, Mr. Sher Mohammad Khan, Ms. Salima Hashmi, Dr. Mubashar Hasan, Dr. Mehdi Hasan, Air Marshal Zafar Chaudhry, Ms. Shahtaj Qizilbash, Mr. Nadeem Anthony, Mr. Attiq-ur-Rehman, Advocate, Ms. Uzma Noorani, Mr. Rochi Ram, Ms. Perveen Soomro (Advocate), Mr. Ali Hasan, Mr. Jam Saqi, Mr. Ronald de Souza, Mr. Ghazi Salahuddin, Mr. Amarnath Motumal, and Mr. Asad Iqbal Butt.
27 December 2007
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Pakistan's once-ridiculed transgender community fight elections for first time
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudan: Sudanese WHRDs In Egypt Receive Death Threats
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW