Saudi Arabia: Relaxing rules for women staying in hotels
The rules are less strictly enforced for foreigners and in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia's most liberal city.
The paper said the rules, set out in last month's decree, were worked out in coordination with the Ministry of the Interior and the religious police organisation, two bodies who rights activists say stand in the way of improved women's rights in Saudi Arabia.
22 January, 2008
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Sentence on 75-year-old woman not yet carried out