Afghanistan: Evaluation report on General Situation of Women in Afghanistan
Source:Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission
Report by the Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission affirms that women's rights are enshrined in most international human rights treaties to which Afghanistan has joined, and thus the Afghan government has an obligation to observe these rights.
Submitted on Sat, 01/26/2008 - 01:00
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghanistan: Men throw acid into girls' faces 'for going to school'
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- Displaced women and girls trapped in Afghanistan’s cities
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn