Bahrain: Women's Status in Bahrain
The government has intensified its harassment of women’s rights activist Ghada Jamsheer following an April letter she addressed to Shaikh Hamad calling for the dissolution of the Supreme Council for Women (chaired by the king’s wife) for failing to do more to advance women’s status in the kingdom. Women’s rights organizations continued to call for a written unified personal status law.
31 January 2008
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- Bahrain: Harassment of women’s human rights defender, Ghada Jamsheer
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Bahrain: Submission to the committee on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- 2004 Moroccan Family Law (Moudawana)
- Bound and Gagged by the Algerian Family Code