Saudi Arabia: Saudi woman speaks out against extremism
Source:Political Islam Online / Al-Arabiya
Iman Al-Qahtani addresses the issue of fanaticism in Islam and blames the clerical establishment for misinterpreting the Qur'an and the education system for inflaming the youth.
She poses the provocative question whether humans have corrupted the true meaning of the Qur'an throughout the centuries.
Download the complete article from Political Islam Online here:
Submitted on Mon, 02/04/2008 - 01:00
- Afghan clerics uneasy as civil rights movement gains momentum
- Saudi Arabia: Moms visiting clinics seeking male children
- Aceh Prepares to Enforce Broader Sharia Criminal Code, With Stiffer Penalties
- “Good Iranian Women Don’t Watch Sports”
- Karima Bennoune Featured in TEDxExeter 2015 – Taking the Long View
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- For immediate release: Statement on the arrest of Wajeha Al-Huwaider and Fawzia Al-Oyouni and the persecution of human rights activists in Saudi Arabia