Pakistan: 12 Feb: Celebrate the Pakistani women's movement!
The second wave of the women's movement has not retreated since. In tribute and memory of that historic challenge to a dictatorial regime and discriminatory state, 12th February is marked as Pakistan Women's Day.
Some powerful images captured of that day; a short film on women's resistance in Pakistan and political poetry dedicated to the women's movement, including that of Habib Jalib, will be presented.
The presentation will be followed by a discussion tracing the challenges and achievements of the women's movement. We hope you will all join us in solidarity and also become a part of the movement."
--Women's Action Forum, Karachi
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: The Second Floor (t2f)
6-C, Prime Point Building, Phase 7, Khayaban-e-Ittehad, DHA, Karachi
Phone: 538-9273 | 0300-823-0276 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- There is no honour in barring women from voting
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws