Mauritania: Women in Mauritanian Media
Source:APN / Magharebia
A delegation of Mauritanian women journalists met with Ahmedou Tidjane Bal, president of Mauritania's High Authority of the Press and Audio-visuals (HAPA), on 2 March, 2008.
The journalists called upon HAPA to support them in promoting women's role in society. Following the meeting, HAPA issued a statement urging the authorities and the media to back the organisation and to deal more regularly with the problems Mauritanian women face.
Source: Arab Press Network (www.arabpressnetwork.org)
Submitted on Thu, 03/13/2008 - 00:00
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content