Mauritania: Women in Mauritanian Media
Source:APN / Magharebia
A delegation of Mauritanian women journalists met with Ahmedou Tidjane Bal, president of Mauritania's High Authority of the Press and Audio-visuals (HAPA), on 2 March, 2008.
The journalists called upon HAPA to support them in promoting women's role in society. Following the meeting, HAPA issued a statement urging the authorities and the media to back the organisation and to deal more regularly with the problems Mauritanian women face.
Source: Arab Press Network (www.arabpressnetwork.org)
Submitted on Thu, 03/13/2008 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!