Philippines: Symposium: "Women Contesting Fundamentalisms and Other Forms of Intolerance"
On 11 March 2008, the Centennial Lecture Series at the University of the Philippines included a session on "Women Contesting Fundamentalisms and Other Forms of Intolerance", convened by Dr. Carolyn I. Sobritchea.
For more information and to access webcasts of the panel, please see here: http://centennial.up.edu.ph/?p=74
Submitted on Mon, 03/17/2008 - 01:00
- Women of Bangsamoro stand up for inclusion
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria: Sharia's Rise in Nigeria Incited Stoning Sentences
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues