International: Politics of Participation: Symposium: "Women and Transformative Leadership"
The Politics of Participation: WOMEN AND TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP
Thursday, April 3 │ 5-7pm │ Kenney Auditorium, SAIS, JHU │ 1740 Massachusetts Ave, NW Washington, DC
The 21st century is the century for women and politics. Six extraordinary grassroots leaders from four regions of the world will share their experiences and discuss practical strategies and culture friendly initiatives that they have used to mobilize women, and especially young women, to participate in making decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their communities.
Speakers include: Masuma Hasan (Pakistan), Tolekan Ismailova (Kyrgyzstan), Aminetou Mint El Mokhtar (Mauritania), Malena de Montis (Nicaragua), Mahnaz Afkhami (Iran/USA), Zainah Anwar (Malaysia) and Azar Nafisi (Iran/USA).
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Women's Sport as Politics in Muslim Contexts
- Women's Organisations in the West Asia Region: A Needs Assessment
- THE DUE DILIGENCE PRINCIPLE AND THE ROLE OF THE STATE: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN IN FAMILY AND CULTURAL LIFE
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015