International: Politics of Participation: Symposium: "Women and Transformative Leadership"
The Politics of Participation: WOMEN AND TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP
Thursday, April 3 │ 5-7pm │ Kenney Auditorium, SAIS, JHU │ 1740 Massachusetts Ave, NW Washington, DC
The 21st century is the century for women and politics. Six extraordinary grassroots leaders from four regions of the world will share their experiences and discuss practical strategies and culture friendly initiatives that they have used to mobilize women, and especially young women, to participate in making decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their communities.
Speakers include: Masuma Hasan (Pakistan), Tolekan Ismailova (Kyrgyzstan), Aminetou Mint El Mokhtar (Mauritania), Malena de Montis (Nicaragua), Mahnaz Afkhami (Iran/USA), Zainah Anwar (Malaysia) and Azar Nafisi (Iran/USA).
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Hirsi Ali: Telling a Critic From an Islamophobe
- Syria & Bosnia Women Confer on Importance of Women-Driven Peace
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics