International: Politics of Participation: Symposium: "Women and Transformative Leadership"
The Politics of Participation: WOMEN AND TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP
Thursday, April 3 │ 5-7pm │ Kenney Auditorium, SAIS, JHU │ 1740 Massachusetts Ave, NW Washington, DC
The 21st century is the century for women and politics. Six extraordinary grassroots leaders from four regions of the world will share their experiences and discuss practical strategies and culture friendly initiatives that they have used to mobilize women, and especially young women, to participate in making decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their communities.
Speakers include: Masuma Hasan (Pakistan), Tolekan Ismailova (Kyrgyzstan), Aminetou Mint El Mokhtar (Mauritania), Malena de Montis (Nicaragua), Mahnaz Afkhami (Iran/USA), Zainah Anwar (Malaysia) and Azar Nafisi (Iran/USA).
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond