International: Politics of Participation: Symposium: "Women and Transformative Leadership"
The Politics of Participation: WOMEN AND TRANSFORMATIVE LEADERSHIP
Thursday, April 3 │ 5-7pm │ Kenney Auditorium, SAIS, JHU │ 1740 Massachusetts Ave, NW Washington, DC
The 21st century is the century for women and politics. Six extraordinary grassroots leaders from four regions of the world will share their experiences and discuss practical strategies and culture friendly initiatives that they have used to mobilize women, and especially young women, to participate in making decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their communities.
Speakers include: Masuma Hasan (Pakistan), Tolekan Ismailova (Kyrgyzstan), Aminetou Mint El Mokhtar (Mauritania), Malena de Montis (Nicaragua), Mahnaz Afkhami (Iran/USA), Zainah Anwar (Malaysia) and Azar Nafisi (Iran/USA).
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography