Burma: The Shan Women's Action Network (SWAN)
SWAN is a network of Shan women active in Thailand & the Thai-Burma border. Its mission is to work for gender equality & justice for Shan women in the struggle for socio-political change in Burma through community-based actions, research and advocacy.
Submitted on Fri, 03/21/2008 - 01:00
- First Saudi women register to vote
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!