International: Coalition for Sexual and Bodily Rights in Muslim Societies (CSBR) Sexuality Institute 2008
Issues addressed will include a conceptual and historical framework of sexuality; contemporary discourses and debates around sexuality and sexual rights in Muslim societies; shariah and sexuality; sexual diversities; sexuality and human rights; sexual health; sexual health and rights advocacy. The Institute will also incorporate sessions focused on application and experience-sharing including a session on CSBR; a roundtable featuring presentations and discussions of participants' work on sexuality; and a panel with Malaysian activists.
16-23 August 2008, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
***Deadline for Applications: May 15, 2008***
To download a training announcement and application form, please see here: http://www.wwhr.org/news.php?detay=25
- Sunila Abeysekera Commemoration: Speech by Nimalka Fernando
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Hirsi Ali: Telling a Critic From an Islamophobe
- Syria & Bosnia Women Confer on Importance of Women-Driven Peace
- Rollback of Women's Rights: Not Just in Afghanistan
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?