Tajikistan: UN Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women to visit Tajikistan
Based on the information obtained during the visit, Ms. Ertürk will present a report containing her findings and recommendations to a forthcoming session of the Human Rights Council.
Yakin Ertürk, Professor of Sociology at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey, was appointed Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women in 2003.
For more information on the role and function of the Special Rapporteur, please visit the webpage: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/women/rapporteur/index.htm
13 May 2008
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- 293 Women and Girls Rescued From Boko Haram Terrorist Group in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*