Tajikistan: UN Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women to visit Tajikistan
Based on the information obtained during the visit, Ms. Ertürk will present a report containing her findings and recommendations to a forthcoming session of the Human Rights Council.
Yakin Ertürk, Professor of Sociology at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey, was appointed Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women in 2003.
For more information on the role and function of the Special Rapporteur, please visit the webpage: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/women/rapporteur/index.htm
13 May 2008
- Uganda bans maids from working in Saudi Arabia
- Sudan: Rape as Weapon of War AU/UN Should Increase Investigations, Reporting on Abuses
- Minor convicted in heinous Delhi gang rape to be freed
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan