Tajikistan: UN Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women to visit Tajikistan
Based on the information obtained during the visit, Ms. Ertürk will present a report containing her findings and recommendations to a forthcoming session of the Human Rights Council.
Yakin Ertürk, Professor of Sociology at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey, was appointed Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women in 2003.
For more information on the role and function of the Special Rapporteur, please visit the webpage: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/women/rapporteur/index.htm
13 May 2008
- U.S.A: Stabbing of Muslim Woman in East Bay Shopping Center Stirs Up Fears for Community
- Mali: Displaced Malians turn to survival sex
- Pakistan: Harassment of female voters, aid workers shadow historic Pakistan election
- Tunisia: Amina Tyler, Tunisia’s ‘topless jihad’ Activist, Caught and Under Arrest
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!