Tajikistan: UN Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women to visit Tajikistan
Based on the information obtained during the visit, Ms. Ertürk will present a report containing her findings and recommendations to a forthcoming session of the Human Rights Council.
Yakin Ertürk, Professor of Sociology at Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey, was appointed Special Rapporteur on Violence against Women in 2003.
For more information on the role and function of the Special Rapporteur, please visit the webpage: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/women/rapporteur/index.htm
13 May 2008
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, the ‘incredible African female warrior’, has died
- Syrian conflict: Untold misery of child brides
- Cameroon - Speaking Up Against Rape Is Just One Part of the Solution
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating