UK: "Reclaim philosophical heritage of European Islam"
Great scholars like Ibn Taymiyya, Maududi and Sayyid Qutb led the anti-philosophy and pro-faith argument and linked it to political affairs. The ultimate result was: creation of a Frankensteinian monster - Osama bin Laden. The obscurantist and isolationist approach marginalised the world of Islam. As a consequence, today we have few friends and even less influence on world affairs.
Dr Siddiqui said that time has come when we must begin to take a fresh look at these philosophical debates, reclaim the legacy of Ibn Rushd and begin celebrating our European heritage.
For further information, please contact:
Dr Ghaysuddin Siddiqui on +44 (0) 786 025 9289 / +44 (0) 20 8563 1995
08 April 2008
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture'
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- UK DOCTOR IS FIRST PERSON IN BRITAIN CHARGED WITH PERFORMING FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger