Australia: $2 Million Boost for Women Activists
Funds were sought to help develop a national action plan for Australian non-government organisations in relation to the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security.
The resolution addresses the unique impact of armed conflict on women, the undervalued contribution women make to peacekeeping and the equal participation of women as "active agents in peace and security".
The Muslim Women's National Network Australia will use its $99,991 to help Australian Muslim women develop self-esteem and overcome discrimination.
The Young Women's Christian Association will also receive grants, one of which is aimed at helping disadvantaged immigrant and refugee women and girls.
By: Kerry-Anne Walsh
15 June 2008
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content