Vanuatu: Parliament Passes Family Protection Order Bill
"The Ministry of Women, Community & Social Development, Government of Samoa joins others in congratulating the Vanuatu Women's focal point and all women of Vanuatu for this wonderful achievement." --Luagalau Foisagaasina Eteuati Shon, Chief Executive Officer
Source: WUNRN and Pacific Women's Information Network
19 June 2008
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Jordan detains journalist Rula Amin without charges over custody battle
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'