International: Publication: Muslim World Journal of Human Rights
The articles in the new issue of the Muslim World Journal of Human Rights, cover the theme of "The Transnational Muslim World, Human Rights, and the Rights of Women and Sexual Minorities."
Edited by Mashood Baderin, Mahmood Monshipouri, Lynn Welchman, and Shadi Mokhtari. This issue's special guest editor is Anthony Chase. With contributions from: Ziba Mir-Hosseini, Salwa Ismail, Ann Elizabeth Mayer, Mashood A. Baderin, Kathleen Cavanaugh, Aziza Ahmed, Roja Fazaeli, Mehrangiz Kar, Mohamed Azam Mohamed Adil, Barb Rieffer-Flanagan, Sheila Zurbrigg, Amani Hamdan, A E. Souaiaia, and Mahmood Monshipouri.
To read more: http://www.bepress.com/mwjhr
Submitted on Mon, 08/18/2008 - 00:00
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- International: Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Slavery Marks International Day for Abolition of Slavery.
- International: The Malala Effect Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November).
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW
- First Annual Report of the Independent Expert in the field of Cultural Rights