Iran: Further threats against Shirin Ebadi
For months Ebadi has been the target of campaigns in government media, leading her to state that if something were to happen to her, IRNA and Kayhan (a government-sponsored daily newspaper) should be held responsible.
These attacks put Ebadi and other human rights defenders at risk of violence and repression. Join us in demanding an end to the Iranian regime's attempts to intimidate and silence Ebadi.
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Bahrain: Interview with Maryam al-Khawaja "The Regime Oppresses All Bahrainis".
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia criticised over text alerts tracking women's movements.
- Day 2/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Somayeh's Testimony
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja
- UPDATE: Gambia: Isatou Touray and Amie Bojang-Sissoho freed on bail
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Symposium Report: The Role of Sport in Resisting, Accommodating and in Remaking Muslim Women
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: The lesson from Iran: How the 'warning signs of fundamentalism' were ignored