WLUML Newsletter 1
|PDF Document||610.49 KB|
The Unholy Alliance between some progressives and the fundamentalists has sought to take advantage of state policies of multiculturalism and the painful realities of continuing racial discrimination to demand special rights for the ‘Muslim community ’. But these special rights inevitably involve anti-women practices and highly regressive interpretations of Islam. They also unquestioningly presume that all migrants from Muslim contexts identify as Muslim.
- Sunila Abeysekera Commemoration: Speech by Nimalka Fernando
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Hirsi Ali: Telling a Critic From an Islamophobe
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- WLUML Gazette 11th Edition, March 2014
- Women's Chaters and Declarations: Building Another World
- New UN Report: Child, Early and Forced Marriage
- WLUML e-gazette, 9th edition - Into the New Year with Solidarity!