Central Asia: Headscarf ban remains an issue in Central Asia
Linking the hijab controversy to fears of Muslim extremism may be counter-productive. “We face a difficult choice – take the headscarf off or give up on school,” said Sahiba Yusupova.
Submitted on Thu, 11/20/2008 - 01:00
- Kyrgyzstan: Krygyzstan considers banning girls from traveling abroad
- Kyrgyzstan: New Law Toughens Penalties For Bride Kidnapping
- Kyrgyzstan: Women Challenging Stereotypes & Virginity Tradition
- Kyrgyzstan: First Woman President & deterioration of situation for HR lawyers
- Kyrgyzstan: Women step up to bring security to teetering Kyrgyzstan