UPDATE: Malaysia: Fatwas against "tomboys"
Source:New Straits Times
"EXACTLY one month ago, the National Fatwa Council made a decision against women who dressed like men, denouncing it as haram. This has been met with anger, protest, and mainly, confusion, as to what exactly it is that the fatwa condemns."
Submitted on Wed, 11/26/2008 - 00:00
- Divorce by Text Challenged by Sisters in Islam
- Kyrgyz Mufti Issues Fatwa Against Gays, Challenges HRW
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Malaysia: Outrage After Sharia Court Allows Rapist to Marry His 13-year-old Victim
- Malaysia: Muslim Sisterhood Sisters in Islam Empowers Feminist Muslims
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Kartika’s caning sentence commuted to community service
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Caning sentence of Kartika upheld