Yemen: Child brides take control over their lives
Arwa is the youngest of three Yemeni girls who recently went to court complaining they were married against their will and asking for divorce - an astonishing display of defiance that has prompted the government to review its law on early marriage.
Submitted on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 01:00
- U.S.A: Stabbing of Muslim Woman in East Bay Shopping Center Stirs Up Fears for Community
- Mali: Displaced Malians turn to survival sex
- Pakistan: Harassment of female voters, aid workers shadow historic Pakistan election
- Tunisia: Amina Tyler, Tunisia’s ‘topless jihad’ Activist, Caught and Under Arrest
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Stop Stoning Women Now - Global Campaign Toolkit
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW