Oman: Oman women get equal rights to own land
"As per the amendment to the government Land Entitlement Law, priority will be given to those who have not got a government plot or who do not own land at the time of submitting the application, whether by purchase, inheritance or grants," he said.
The ministry is coordinating with the authorities concerned to launch an electronic residential land application system using website and is also studying the possibility of receiving applications for land from citizens in various parts of the Sultanate.
24 November 2008
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
- Egypt: The Day after the Referendum
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested