Kurdistan: Women protest against polygamy in Kurdistan
Kurdistan Region Parliament held a session Monday to discuss the Personal Status Code. At the beginning of the session, Speaker of the Kurdistan Region Parliament, Adnan Mufti, presented the law for voting, and by the majority of the voters they decided to discuss the draft law.
The committees of Human rights, endowment, parliament legal committee, and women supporting committee read their reports, and the lawmakers expressed their views about the article related to polygamy.
During the session the parliament by the majority vote decided that the Conditional polygamy to remain in the draft law. It is expected that on Tuesday, Kurdistan Region Parliament to continue discussing other articles of the draft law.
2 December 2008
Source: VOI via AWID
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge