International: Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures
They invite interested scholars, including graduate students, to complete the scholars’ template for publication on the free, on-line searchable EWIC Scholars’ Database and for possible invitation to contribute articles to EWIC On Line. Please visit our website at: http://sjoseph.ucdavis.edu/ewic/ and follow the link to the contributor template.
The print edition was led by a distinguished team of scholars (Suad Joseph, General Editor; Associate Editors -- Afsaneh Najmabadi, Julie Peteet, Seteney Shami, Jacqueline Siapno, and Jane Smith Associate Editors; and Alice Horner, Assistant Editor) and EWIC On Line, continues this level of scholarship with its new Editorial team (Suad Joseph, General Editor; Associate Editors -- Hoda Elsadda, Virginia Hooker, Therese Saliba, and Elora Shehabuddin).
The publication of the EWIC Scholars Database online for free access, makes this invaluable resource available to all those interested in their fields of work. Please visit their website at http://sjoseph.ucdavis.edu/ewic/index.htm which includes a link to their scholars’ template as well as other EWIC resources (such as the Arabic translation of Volume I of EWIC).
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography