International: Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures
They invite interested scholars, including graduate students, to complete the scholars’ template for publication on the free, on-line searchable EWIC Scholars’ Database and for possible invitation to contribute articles to EWIC On Line. Please visit our website at: http://sjoseph.ucdavis.edu/ewic/ and follow the link to the contributor template.
The print edition was led by a distinguished team of scholars (Suad Joseph, General Editor; Associate Editors -- Afsaneh Najmabadi, Julie Peteet, Seteney Shami, Jacqueline Siapno, and Jane Smith Associate Editors; and Alice Horner, Assistant Editor) and EWIC On Line, continues this level of scholarship with its new Editorial team (Suad Joseph, General Editor; Associate Editors -- Hoda Elsadda, Virginia Hooker, Therese Saliba, and Elora Shehabuddin).
The publication of the EWIC Scholars Database online for free access, makes this invaluable resource available to all those interested in their fields of work. Please visit their website at http://sjoseph.ucdavis.edu/ewic/index.htm which includes a link to their scholars’ template as well as other EWIC resources (such as the Arabic translation of Volume I of EWIC).
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win 2014 Nobel peace prize
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- WLUML Annual Report 2013
- Influences of Religious Fundamentalism on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN