International: Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures
They invite interested scholars, including graduate students, to complete the scholars’ template for publication on the free, on-line searchable EWIC Scholars’ Database and for possible invitation to contribute articles to EWIC On Line. Please visit our website at: http://sjoseph.ucdavis.edu/ewic/ and follow the link to the contributor template.
The print edition was led by a distinguished team of scholars (Suad Joseph, General Editor; Associate Editors -- Afsaneh Najmabadi, Julie Peteet, Seteney Shami, Jacqueline Siapno, and Jane Smith Associate Editors; and Alice Horner, Assistant Editor) and EWIC On Line, continues this level of scholarship with its new Editorial team (Suad Joseph, General Editor; Associate Editors -- Hoda Elsadda, Virginia Hooker, Therese Saliba, and Elora Shehabuddin).
The publication of the EWIC Scholars Database online for free access, makes this invaluable resource available to all those interested in their fields of work. Please visit their website at http://sjoseph.ucdavis.edu/ewic/index.htm which includes a link to their scholars’ template as well as other EWIC resources (such as the Arabic translation of Volume I of EWIC).
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Death of renowned Islamic scholar, Asghar Ali Engineer.
- Pakistan's once-ridiculed transgender community fight elections for first time
- Senegal: WELDD West Africa Feminist Leadership Workshop
- Kuwait: Female Arab scientists urge defence of women's rights
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond