Yemen: Women are training to engage in parliamentary elections
The General Secretary of the General Arab Woman Federation, the Chairwoman of the YWU RAmziya al-Eryany yesterday held a meeting with woman leaderships in the city of Mukalla and discussed with them the subject of supporting women for candidacy for the upcoming parliamentary elections.
She has also met the Administrative Body of Mukalla and Seyoun branch heads of centres in Qatan, Eastern Adis and Shahr. The meetings came on the sidelines of the Union preparation for launching the project to be opened on the World Women Day on the 8th of next March.
05 February 2009
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- Bougainville: Women's Minister fired for speaking out against mining company
- UPDATE: UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
- UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content