Yemen: Women are training to engage in parliamentary elections
The General Secretary of the General Arab Woman Federation, the Chairwoman of the YWU RAmziya al-Eryany yesterday held a meeting with woman leaderships in the city of Mukalla and discussed with them the subject of supporting women for candidacy for the upcoming parliamentary elections.
She has also met the Administrative Body of Mukalla and Seyoun branch heads of centres in Qatan, Eastern Adis and Shahr. The meetings came on the sidelines of the Union preparation for launching the project to be opened on the World Women Day on the 8th of next March.
05 February 2009
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- Bougainville: Women's Minister fired for speaking out against mining company
- UPDATE: UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
- UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality