International: Website dedicated to abandonment of FGM/C
Through the sharing and systematic analysis of experiences, the DWG has reached a consensus on a common programmatic approach to support the abandonment of the practice of FGM/C. The Platform for Action [PDF, 282KB] summarizes its elements.
This Web site is used to share documents and information about donor-supported work with a particular focus on sharing lessons learned and programs to support communities worldwide to enable them to abandon FGM/C within a generation.
09 February 2009
- Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win 2014 Nobel peace prize
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- Sunila Abeysekera Commemoration: Speech by Nimalka Fernando
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Syrian conflict: Untold misery of child brides
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- Influences of Religious Fundamentalism on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women
- Too Young to Wed
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- SOCIAL MEDIA COMBINED WITH OTHER MEDIA CAN BE EFFECTIVE FOR CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT & PARTICIPATION IN GOVERNANCE ISSUES - WOMEN
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*